Anna Kendrick was born on August 9, 1985, in Portland, Maine to parents Janice Kendrick and William Kendrick. Anna Kendrick started her career in her early teens. She received a Tony Award nomination for her work in the Broadway musical High Society in 1998 and then made her film debut in 2003's Camp.
Anna Kendrick voiced one of the main characters, Princess Poppy in the film, Trolls. She also sang songs that were in the film such as, Get Back Up Again, True Colors, Can't Stop the Feeling! and others.
- Poppy's design was partly inspired by Kendrick even before she was cast.
- Anna admits that Poppy is a bit of her opposite, so it was fun to explore the regions of constant optimism.
- Anna says that she and Poppy are both known to sometimes randomly burst into song, but unlike Poppy, she tries to stop it in public.
- Shockingly, Anna doesn't like hugs very much, and would feel very awkward when hugged by cast members.
- This is not Anna's first animated role, as her first one was Courtney in ParaNorman. She didn't sing in the movie.
- This is not Anna's first musical either, as she has starred in several musicals including Pitch Perfect and (film)Into The Woods.
- She starred in Into The Woods as Cinderella. Curiously James Corden and Christine Baranski also starred in the film as the Baker and Cinderella's stepmother.